The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) launched the Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY) to illuminate dark regions through establishment of solar street lights. It is a sub scheme under off –grid and decentralized solar application scheme of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Govt. of India.
The Phase I was implemented during September 2016- March 2018. The Phase II is being implemented during 2018-19 and 2019-20.
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has been entrusted to implement the scheme.
Phase I : The rural, semi-urban and urban areas that face less than 50% grid connectivity in Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Odisha will be illuminated with 7 W solar LED street lights. These solar lights were installed on major roads, markets and public conveniences in remote areas to sustainably enhance the citizens’ quality of life.
The total cost of the scheme is Rs 583 crore. MNRE will provide 75% of the cost of street lights and remaining 25% will come from Member of Parliament Local Area Development funds (MPLADS).
Under the scheme, SSL with LED capacity of 12 W will be provided as per MNRE norms in the identified states. The estimated cost per light is Rs 25,000.
To know the complete scheme operational guidelines, click here.
To know the present status of the porgramme, click here.
To register your feedback/complaint on Solar LED Street Lights Installed Under AJAY, click here
Source : EESL
Last Modified : 7/1/2021
This topic provides information about GOBAR (Galva...
Unique practice of Rice-Fish culture followed by A...
Technologies developed by various research institu...
This topic provides information about e-courts MMP...